So I do sports spreadsheets for fantasy sports. I’m filling out my baseball spreadsheet right now and I'm planning on doing this for football too if it works. A couple weeks ago I learned that you can make the spreadsheet calculate the number in a cell based on the numbers in other cells by making a formula. This helps shave off a lot of my workload.
Right now I’m trying to get it to calculate fantasy points.
A pitcher gets:
- 5 points for a Win
- 5 points for a Save
- -0.5 points for an earned run
- 1 point for an inning pitched
- 2 points for a strikeout
- Wins are in the M column
- Saves are in the N column
- Earned runs are in the O column
- Innings pitched is in the L column
- Strikeouts are in the P column
So my formula is:
Some of them are right on the money. I’ve put in eight of them. 3 are exactly correct. 4 of them, the decimal is wrong, 1 of them is off by a whole ten points. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.