In our company we have a shared folder which has a lot of resources in that the whole team accesses. Somehow one of the sub folders was "Removed" and I can not work out how to recover the affected items.
I have also re-created this:
- Create a folder on first account, add any contents too it
- Share this folder with second account
- Log in as second account, and use "Add to My Drive". The folder will now be in both accounts
- As the second account, either on the folder or any of its contents, right click and select "Remove"
- Item(s) are removed for both accounts
At this point my expectation is for the affected items to be in either of the affected accounts Bins. However I can not see them in either bin.
I have also tried the Restore Data function as listed here, with no success. https://webapps.stackexchange.com/a/35971
Considering this is so easily repeatable I am surprised this question has not been asked before (as far as I can find).
Is there a method to restore files in this instance?