I find a lot of -especially new- users on the site are having difficulties on sharing a demo sheet so they can be easily helped if any at all.
The correct way to publicly share a Google test sheet
Please follow the steps:
Prepare your sheet.
Before sharing your sheet make sure you fill in all the information needed. That is:
- Include only but all necessary demo data excluding any sensitive data.
- Not too little, not too much. Do not overload the sheet. No need to have 500 rows and 50 columns. As well as not just 2 rows and 1 column. Just as much as needed.
- Place in the spreadsheet -as well as in the question- the essential information for others to fully understand your issue.
- Give an example of your expected results.
- Include your efforts thus far. (It shows good will and determination)
Share your spreadsheet
Let us know.After you shared your sheet, do let us know.
- Check your answer for possible mistakes and add additional clarifications if any needed.
- Edit/Update your answer including the copied link to the spreadsheet.
- Alert the person who asked for it by leaving a comment for them under your question (@name some text).
- Do NOT just add the link in the comment