You have a column where users enter url data. If the domain for any given url has already been entered, you want to flag that entry as a duplicate.
In this example,
- a helper column (Column D - which can be hidden of have a small width) extracts the domain from the url in Column C.
- a formula in Column E identifies whether the entry is a duplicate.
Helper Column - get the url
- enter this once in cell D2; it will copy itself down the column; if you wish, you can limit the number of rows by including
- Enter this in cell E2 and copy this down as many rows as necessary.
- This formula accepts the first instance of a domain as "Unique", and flags later instances as "Duplicate".
- green if value = Unique, red if value = Duplicate.