I have a LinkedIn account from 6 years ago that shows all my personal details when my name is googled. I am uncertain whether I used an email address or contact number to sign up, but I am 100% sure I no longer have access to it. I already have another LinkedIn account but am very uncomfortable with the details shown when I search for my account and the old one comes up. I have tried absolutely everything to get the account removed but no luck so far. Any alternative suggestions that could help me please?
From LinkedIn Help - No Access to Email Address:
There are instances when you no longer use or have access to the email address used to register your LinkedIn account. We suggest first trying to sign in with a secondary email address or phone number that's associated with your account. We allow you to sign in with any email address or phone number associated with your account.
If you haven't been able to recover your password or don't have access to an email address associated with your account, we can help by verifying your identity. This ensures that there is no unauthorized access to your account. Learn More about how we verify identity and how we keep your information safe.
Please follow the steps below on desktop:
- In the Sign-in screen, click on Forgot Password.
- Enter the email ID associated with your account and click on Find Account.
- In the following screen you will be asked to enter a verification code sent to your email.
- Since you don’t have access to this email ID, click on the Verify your identity.
- Once you begin the identity verification process, you'll be asked to take a photo of your ID with your smartphone or webcam.
- Enter the new email address you want associated with your account and your profile URL.
- On the following page, upload a picture of a valid ID card or passport. Next, we'll ask you to provide an image of a valid passport or government ID. After you submit, we'll process your information and be in contact to assist you further.
We ask for your ID card to ensure that only you regain access to your account and no unauthorized entity is given access.
Note: If you only have one email address and it has bounced, you'll not be able to send a confirmation link to yourself. You will have to verify your identity to regain access to your account.