How do I add or insert a page number in the footer or header of a Google Docs document?
As @Barry states in his answer you can use this option to put page numbers when printing a document. You can actually add it to the document itself with some HTML code in the header of footer section. See here: http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/03/adding-page-numbers-to-google-documents.html
Page numbers are now a part of Google Docs.
To include page numbers:
- Open your document
- Select Insert > Page number from the file menu
- Choose either Top of Page or Bottom of Page to insert page numbers into the header or footer of your document respectively.
You can also include the total page count.
- Place cursor where you want the page count total to show
- Select Insert > Page count from the file menu
Placing the page count in the header or footer of one page will propagate to all pages in the document.
See also Add headers, footers & page numbers
To insert page numbers you need to:
- select Print settings from the File menu
- select the checkbox marked
Include page numbersand choose the location of the page numbers
- click Print
This will add page numbers to the printed (or PDF) version of your document. It is worth noting that the editable version in Google Docs will not show the page numbers. This is by design.
Check out this YouTube video that walks you through the steps of adding page numbers to Google Docs.
- The Gooru