I noticed that there wasn't a 3D model available for a particular location on Google Earth. I know how this building looks, so how would I contribute by making a model of it?
Building Maker is a great tool, but only available in a limited set of areas. However, you can download Google SketchUp to make any 3D models, including buildings for Google Earth. You'll need to upload geo-located models to the 3D Warehouse for review and publishing. See the geo-modeling section of SketchUp's Help Center.
You may want to check out:
Building Maker is a 3D modeling tool for adding buildings to Google Earth. It's fun to use, and an easy way to get on the 3D map. Here's how it works:
- Select a city from around the world.
- Make a building with photos we provide.
- Save your building and it will be reviewed.
- See your 3D building in Google Earth!
Three basic options:
- Use building maker and do it yourself (learning curve, lower quality model)
- Use Sketchup and do it yourself (bigger learning curve, high quality model)
- Get a 3D buildings service to do it for you (costs money but no hassle)