Re: Stacked Bar Graphs with ‘Nested Data’ for two Y-Axis Categories
Forgive me if I have a hard time articulating our need. I have two data sets that have the following content:
- Number of Placements by Employee By Month
- Number of Placements by Project By Month
Thats means there are four dimensions at play:
- The Month (the x-axis on both data set charts)
- Number of Placements (the y-axis value on both charts)
- The Employee (the y-axis category on chart 1)
- The Project (the y-axis category on chart 2)
I want to see this data in one stacked bar chart where the months are on the x-axis, the placements are on the y-axis and then:
Option 1. The stacked bar chart shows the employee contribution to number of placements each month (regular stacked bar chart) and within the enployee section it ‘nests’ or shows the number of placements on projects they worked on.
Then the inverse:
Option 2. The stacked bar chart shows the project contributions to number of placements each month (regular stacked bar chart) and within that section it ‘nests’ the employee contribution to the number of placements to that project.
Does this make sense? It doesnt seem possible but you guys are basically miracle workers! If anyone can help, even just tell me its impossible, that’d be great!
‘GLORY TO UKRAINE!! ‘