2 Week Default
By default, the web session length for Google services is 14 days. These settings apply to all desktop web sessions, as well as some mobile browser sessions.
Native mobile apps, like Gmail for Android and iOS, aren’t impacted by these settings.
Admins can modify durations
Workspace admins have the ability to specify the duration of web sessions for Google services (e.g. four hours, seven days, or infinite). Unless a user logs out beforehand, they’ll be automatically signed out at the end of that duration and prompted to re-enter their login credentials.
support.google.com: Set session length for Google services
- Sign in to your Google Admin console (as an admin).
- Go to Menu Security Access and dataGoogle Session control.
- On the left, select the organizational unit where you want to set session length. For all users, select the top-level organizational unit. Otherwise, select another organization to make settings for its users. Initially, an organization inherits the settings of its parent organization.
- For Session control, under Web session duration, choose the length of time after which the user has to sign in again.
- Click Override to keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes.
- If the organizational unit's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit: Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save: Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Supported editions for this feature: Business Plus; Enterprise; Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Education Plus; G Suite Business.