I want to create a shared calendar with a group of friends, showing everyone's availability, without everyone having to go out of their way to create a detail-less copy of all their personal events to share.
This question is close to what I want, in that any one of us can share availability-only with another account, but if I understand correctly, only that account owner (ie, the "given individual" in the upvoted answer to that question) would be able to see all the shared events together. What I would like to be able to do is:
- Create an account and give it a calendar
- Have everyone simply share their events at free/busy detail level with that account as per the answer to the linked question, meaning they don't have to create duplicates of everything they add
- Said account can now see everyone's availability
- Have that account share its calendar with my friends and myself
- Everyone can now see everyone else's availability
Would that 4th/5th step work? Or is everyone just going to have to create a detail-less duplicate of each event to add to a shared calendar?
I'll be testing this myself, but thought it could be a useful question to ask in the meantime.