How do I share Gmail task lists? Not emailing task lists, but sharing them, like a Google Doc or Google calendar.
There is now a great, free, third-party solution for sharing/syncing Google Tasks. It's still in beta and not quite perfect yet, but gets the job done.
A few notes:
- You can only provide edit permission, not view permission
- You don't have control over how often it syncs, but it's roughly every 15 minutes.
- It only syncs tasks that haven't been cleared (using "clear completed tasks" from the menu).
- If someone else checks off a task, it gets checked off on the other users' lists, but each user has to clear the completed tasks on their own list. This is by design so that each user will know the tasks were finished.
A huge thanks to herr.kaste for developing this!
I have built an app to share Gmail tasks lists: http://gmailsharedtasks.com/how-it-works
With GmailSharedTasks you will be able to sync task lists updates like creation, deletion and updates on due, notes and title.
GmailSharedTasks syncs task lists in 1 minute.
You will be able to share hierarchical tasks.
And last but not the least you will be able to share task lists between more than 2 people, currently users are sharing 1 task list between 10 people also.
You can create your own app with Apps Script which will allow you to create shared Google Task List.
- It can be shared with anyone even with anonymous user and they can update your task.
- Changes are instantly synced.
- You can share the Task-list with any number people.
Instructions available here: Shared Google Tasks