Does Trello send email notifications when a task is modified? Or do we have to log in and check to see if tasks have been updated?
Currently, Trello will send you an email notification if
- You were added to a card
- You were invited to something
- A card you were assigned to changed
The default setting is to email you a collection of unread notifications about every hour. You can change how frequently you receive email notifications at https://trello.com/your/account
Types of Notifications
When subscribed to a card, you’ll get notifications for…
All comments from other users
Adding, changing, and upcoming due dates
- Card moves and archives
When subscribed to a list or board…
- You’ll get the same notifications listed above, but for all cards in a list or board.
- You’ll also get notifications for all newly created cards
And at any time, you’ll get notifications when…
- You are mentioned in a comment.
- You are added to a card, board, or team.
- You are mentioned in a checklist item.
- One of your boards is closed.
- When someone makes you an admin of a board or team.
You can also subscribe to cards, lists, and entire boards to receive notifications for updates to those items.
You need to "Subscribe" to a list to get notifications - click right hand button on top of the list and click "Subscribe"