I have set up a Gmail filter that marks all incoming mail from a certain mailing list with a star. Right now, the filter automatically applies the standard yellow star. How can I set it to use the blue star instead?
Sorry, we do not currently have functionality that allows you to use different kinds of stars with filters.
I was googling for the syntax and saw this question wrongly answered.
All of the superstars are supported and have been for quite a while:
- has:yellow-star - Messages with a yellow star.
- has:red-bang - Messages with a red exclamation mark.
- has:yellow-bang - Messages with a yellow exclamation mark.
- has:purple-question - Messages with a purple question mark.
- has:orange-guillemet - Messages with two orange forward arrows.
- has:blue-info - Messages with a blue i.
- has:red-star - Messages with a red star.
- has:orange-star - Messages with an orange star.
- has:green-star - Messages with a green star.
- has:blue-star - Messages with a blue star.
- has:purple-star - Messages with a purple star.
For what it's worth, I tried a complex search using the blue-info and it did not work properly, but when I switched to a red-bang it did work. I don't know how well it works... I wanted to perform a search for items from a certain sender that were not starred, and it definitely didn't work for the blue-info!
But... for basic and compound searches this should work extremely well!
If you should happen to find that any of the syntax I copied is wrong, please let me know so I can update it.
protected by Community♦ Mar 28 '18 at 1:38
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?