I have set up a Gmail filter that marks all incoming mail from a certain mailing list with a star. Right now, the filter automatically applies the standard yellow star. How can I set it to use the blue star instead?
I was googling for the syntax and saw this question wrongly answered.
All of the superstars are supported and have been for quite a while:
- has:yellow-star - Messages with a yellow star.
- has:red-bang - Messages with a red exclamation mark.
- has:yellow-bang - Messages with a yellow exclamation mark.
- has:purple-question - Messages with a purple question mark.
- has:orange-guillemet - Messages with two orange forward arrows.
- has:blue-info - Messages with a blue i.
- has:red-star - Messages with a red star.
- has:orange-star - Messages with an orange star.
- has:green-star - Messages with a green star.
- has:blue-star - Messages with a blue star.
- has:purple-star - Messages with a purple star.
For what it's worth, I tried a complex search using the blue-info and it did not work properly, but when I switched to a red-bang it did work. I don't know how well it works... I wanted to perform a search for items from a certain sender that were not starred, and it definitely didn't work for the blue-info!
But... for basic and compound searches this should work extremely well!
If you should happen to find that any of the syntax I copied is wrong, please let me know so I can update it.