I want change the default blogger template to a more eye candy custom template. How do I go about this process (total newbie here)
You need to edit the template HTML.
- Click the Design tab
- Click "Edit HTML"
- Check the "Expand Widget templates" checkbox
- Copy the entire contents of the textbox into your favorite HTML editor
- Edit to your heart's content
- Paste back into the box (replacing the old content)
- Click "Preview", if here are errors or visual problems, go to 4
- Click "Save Template"
- Download the desired template file. xml file in this case.
- Go to blogger.com
- Select your blog.
- Click on template link.
- Click on backup/restore button on top right corner.
- Click on 'choose file' button on the pop up.
- Select the xml file you downloaded in step 1
- Upload it. Now go to layout link. refer image of step 4.
- In the layout edit the section. remove unwanted widgets. add other widgets. drag and drop them. save settings. exit.