How do you search for a friend's (or your own) comment on a wall post from months ago on Facebook?

  • some one told me online to hit either shift or control and something else that gives you a box to type the name in but I don't remember what it was. I was trying to find out by searching for it maybe this will remind someone of it. what it did was highlight your name and made it easier to find on the list. – user69576 May 30 '14 at 4:12

Currently the only way seems to be browse and manually search via the Friend's connection

  • This saved me a lot of scrolling, thanks. – István Zachar Jun 20 '12 at 13:54
  • I don't think this works anymore, I can't seem to get it to work. – Lyndon White Mar 18 '16 at 9:16

Click on the post and type command "F" if you're on a Mac, it will bring up a finder window and you can search the persons name on there.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.