Would like to use Google Alerts with my Google Apps account and manage via Google Reader. It appears that one can't associate a Google Alerts created/managed under a Google Apps account and send it to a "feed" the same way one can do this from a standard Google account. Wonder whether there is a way around this.
I just set myself up with a feed through my
Google Alerts on my
Google Apps account.
Here are the steps:
- Go to http://www.google.com/alerts
- Make sure you're signed in with your Google Apps account
- Setup your alert
- Allow the feed to be setup through your apps account google reader
The following steps are apply if you don't have your regular
Google Reader account setup through your
Google Apps account (I don't).
- Within your Google Apps account Reader area select the Alert feed
- From the Feed Settings drop-down choose
View Details and Statistics
- Copy the feed address
- Sign in to your regularly used Google Reader account
- Paste in the URL that you copied to your clipboard
Disclaimer: I have a paid for Google Apps for Business account. I don't know if this works for the free Google Apps accounts.