I looked around a little bit on Yahoo and it looks like if I upgrade, I can forward my email. But I'm a cheapskate and I hate checking different accounts. Is there anything I can do?
I've been forwarding my free Yahoo email to my Gmail for a long time, now...
Try changing your location setting:
You can forward Yahoo email without having a Yahoo Plus account for FREE. Just change your location setting to Yahoo! Asia. Then your mail settings will allow you to forward or use POP to synch or forward to GMAIL. [This works like a charm!!! This does not change your time zone]
Fortunately, Yahoo now provides free forwarding as per the following:
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon| select Settings.
- Click Accounts in the left pane.
- Click Edit beside "Yahoo account."
- Select Forward.
Enter the address you want to forward your email to and select:
- Store and forward - Email is saved to your account and sent to the forwarding address.
- Forward only - All email is sent directly to the forwarding address.
- Store and forward and mark as read - Email is saved to your account, marked as "Read," and sent to the forwarding address.
Another option for getting a Yahoo premium account is if you are an AT&T customer, you can get it for free. Just follow the first few steps on my blog if you need help setting this up.