In Gmail, whenever I send an email I want to get a copy of the message that I sent in my inbox, 100% of the time. How can I do this?
I have not found a way to add the inbox label to all outgoing messages. But you can use "multiple inboxes" to get sent mail to the top of the window
- Go to settings/Labs and select "Multiple inboxes"
- Save Changes
- You should now see a "Multiple inboxes" tab in settings.
- GMail will let you specify a search query. In the first box enter "is:Sent Mail" without the quotes.
- Set the maximum page size to a larger number. It didn't complain about using 50, but I don't know if there is a maximum value.
- Optional: Set "Extra panels positioning" to Above the inbox. This will put the "Sent Mail" label above the main inbox.
- Save changes
There may be a couple of second lag the first time you go back to the main page, becuse it has to execute the new query.
It does the job with a couple of issues:
- Each inbox has its own < and > button to move through the list
- Each inbox has its own "view all" button which jumps you to the label
- The gear button is only on the tool bar above the main inbox section.
You can set up a filter for messages sent from: [yourself], and check Never send it to spam. This will put all sent emails in your inbox automatically.
You can't mess with the default inbox view, unfortunately.
My solution was to search for: "in:inbox OR is:sent", then bookmark that URL. You will notice that by default, the regular emails have the "Inbox" label, and the sent emails lack the label.
As a previous person answered, create a filter on emails sent from your email address. For the action, select 'Never send to Spam'. I do not know why the person was downvoted, but I have used this technique with no problems for years. I just set up a new account and verified that it continues to function as before.
Not sure, if Gmail has a tool for that but i just sent the copy of the message back to me using the Add Bcc in the compose window.
protected by Community♦ Nov 7 at 21:26
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?