In Gmail, whenever I send an email I want to get a copy of the message that I sent in my inbox, 100% of the time. How can I do this?
I have not found a way to add the inbox label to all outgoing messages. But you can use "multiple inboxes" to get sent mail to the top of the window
- Go to settings/Labs and select "Multiple inboxes"
- Save Changes
- You should now see a "Multiple inboxes" tab in settings.
- GMail will let you specify a search query. In the first box enter "is:Sent Mail" without the quotes.
- Set the maximum page size to a larger number. It didn't complain about using 50, but I don't know if there is a maximum value.
- Optional: Set "Extra panels positioning" to Above the inbox. This will put the "Sent Mail" label above the main inbox.
- Save changes
There may be a couple of second lag the first time you go back to the main page, becuse it has to execute the new query.
It does the job with a couple of issues:
- Each inbox has its own < and > button to move through the list
- Each inbox has its own "view all" button which jumps you to the label
- The gear button is only on the tool bar above the main inbox section.
As a previous person answered, create a filter on emails sent from your email address. For the action, select 'Never send to Spam'. I do not know why the person was downvoted, but I have used this technique with no problems for years. I just set up a new account and verified that it continues to function as before.