How can I retrieve the profile picture that I have on my Gmail account? The original is not in my phone anymore so I would like to download it back so I can have the picture in my smartphone again.
If you want to retrieve the full quality profile picture without ever having uploaded it to Google+, follow these steps:
- If you have multiple google accounts, open a private window by pressing
CTRL + SHIFT + Nfor Chrome or
CTRL + SHIFT + Pfor Firefox.
- Go to any google service such as gmail.com and log into the account you wish to retrieve a profile picture of.
- Go to https://get.google.com/albumarchive
- Navigate to Profile photos > profile photos. All the profile pictures of your account can be found here.
- You can use the triple dot button in the top right corner to either download a single picture, download all pictures or delete individual ones.
This is also where to find your uploaded Google Maps photos, and all Google Hangouts photos. I hope these keywords help future search-wizards having this problem.
Just open the page which has the photo, Press "Print Screen" - a screen-shot of the screen will be copied in your clipboard. Then, go to MS Paint, paste it there crop it and save.
As mentioned by Bibhas in comment, Go to your Google+ profile. Click on the profile image there. It should give you the option to download. If you do not have a Google Plus account, just create one, it will be created by default with that image, then you can download the image from there and delete your Google+ Account (if you wish).
protected by Community♦ Feb 5 '18 at 20:39
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?