This may be in the wrong stackexchange but I was wondering if there was a centralised mailing list or website that sent out security advisories for different web apps?
I've been looking around a while for a filtered security alert feed for web applications as well, and have found a couple:
- US-CERT Bulletins contain some popular web application alerts (drupal, apache, etc...).
(They also have other alert mailing lists & feeds here)
- SANS @Risk Security Alert Newsletter contains a some web application security alerts
(They also have other newsletters here)
- FreeCode Security Articles can provide some security alerts
(Has many open source projects tracked)
- National Vulnerability Database has feeds for vulnerabilities tracked in the CVE database
- CVE Data Updates and RSS Feeds has a changelog for all CVE entries, as well as a link to the above NVD feed.
It would be nice to have an easy way to filter these for only the apps I'm interested in supporting and updating, but I just haven't had the time to develop a solution yet.