This may be in the wrong stackexchange but I was wondering if there was a centralised mailing list or website that sent out security advisories for different web apps?
closed as off topic by Eight Days of Malaise, ale, Alex, ChrisF♦ Dec 20 '12 at 23:00
Questions on Web Applications Stack Exchange are expected to relate to web applications within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
I've been looking around a while for a filtered security alert feed for web applications as well, and have found a couple:
- US-CERT Bulletins contain some popular web application alerts (drupal, apache, etc...).
(They also have other alert mailing lists & feeds here)
- SANS @Risk Security Alert Newsletter contains a some web application security alerts
(They also have other newsletters here)
- FreeCode Security Articles can provide some security alerts
(Has many open source projects tracked)
- National Vulnerability Database has feeds for vulnerabilities tracked in the CVE database
- CVE Data Updates and RSS Feeds has a changelog for all CVE entries, as well as a link to the above NVD feed.
It would be nice to have an easy way to filter these for only the apps I'm interested in supporting and updating, but I just haven't had the time to develop a solution yet.