I have followed the instructions to setup Offline mode access to Google Drive and it worked well. Surprisingly Google Sheets do not open on offline mode, giving an "internal error", however can open word documents and edit them.
Web Applications Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for power users of web applications. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
This answer requires Google Chrome web browser to be installed and regularly updated.
If you aren't connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network, you can still view and edit files, including:
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
- Google Slides
Open files offline
To turn on offline access:
- You must be connected to the Internet.
- Use the Google Chrome browser.
- Don't use incognito mode.
- Install and enable Google Docs offline Chrome extension. The Google Docs extension makes it possible to edit your documents, spreadsheets and presentations when you aren’t connected to the internet. Plus, you can copy and paste between Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- Make sure you have enough free space on your device to save your files.
Open your Google Drive files offline