I have set up a facebook page for my service, but not using my personal account (I created a new account especially for this purpose). Now when I log in, I go directly to that page and that is all I see. My question is how can I see the profile itself? Friends, Messages, ect...for the new account I have set up? Why do I see just the page and not the profile itself?? Please help.
As @phwd correctly states, it sounds like you're using a business account.
From Facebook's official help:
What is the difference between a business account and a personal account?
- Are used to manage Pages and ad campaigns
- Can't be found in search, send or receive friend requests or build apps
- Can see public information about other people on Facebook, but can't interact with those people except as a Page
- Don't have a personal profile tied to them
- Used to connect with people you know in real life For individual, non-commercial use
- Can connect with other people, join groups or play social games You may create a business account if you don't already have a personal Facebook account.
- To get started, you will need to first create a Facebook Page.