I am looking for a content management system that will let me:
- Point my own domain at it.
- Automatically handle menus and site navigation including a site map
- Help me to create consistent pages
- Generates pages the work without jscript (so that Google can index the site)
- Lets me pick from lots of predefined styles, or define my own in CSS
- Ideally have 3rd party designer that know how to create styles for it.
- Allows me to put raw HTML in the body of a page if I need to.
- Have a page editor that is good enough that I don’t wish to edit the HTML by hand most of the time
I find most HTML editors to be more painful than notepad
(MarkDown will be OK, provided it supports styles)
- Cope with images etc (I assume that all CRM do this)
- Has a simple form system when the submitted forms are just emailed to me.
- Will check that all links are valid and inform me when a link become invalid
- It would be great if I had an option at a later date to use Asp.net if needed to write forms etc.
- I will have about 10 pages to start with
- I am not a graphic designer
- Getting a good looking website up quickly is more important to me the getting the best possible website.
- I can cope with writing normal HTML by hand if a mast, but don’t wish to have to cope with menus etc.
The problem is that there are a 101 web based content management systems, and they come and go every day. I need one I can trust that will be about for a long time.