Facebook friend finder is really creepy. It has suggested to me:
- The father of a friend of mine—whose existence in Facebook was unknown to the said friend of mine himself.
- The twin brother of a colleague of mine—of whose family I had no idea whatsoever about,
- Close friends of a school-going young relative of mine—though I had no Gmail or any other web-based contact with the said relative for a long time.
- An old and longstanding crush of a friend
- Ex-girlfriend of a friend.
Additionally, I have lost count of the number of times when I first saw somebody's profile on Facebook through their twisted suggestion mechanism, and much, much later, came to know who the person actually is.
And many more.
I have no idea how on earth they find out all this connecting information. I have locked my security settings to the maximum. Nobody can find me on Facebook unless I go to them and add them as a friend. Then how is this possible? How does it work?