I am having emails forwarded to gmail from an Outlook address and a Hotmail address. Is it possible to have these emails forwarded to a specific folder inside of Gmail?
Try these steps:
- Go to https://mail.google.com
- In the top right below your Google user icon click the cogwheel icon
- Select "Settings"
- Select "Filters"
- Click "Create a new filter"
- In the "to:" field enter your Hotmail address
- Click the blue button with the magnifying glass
- In the next window check "Apply the label" and in the "Choose label" drop-down select the label you want your forwarded Hotmail to go to. Note that GMail labels are the same as a folder.
- Click "Create filter"
- Test this out
Does this work?
That depends. There are any number of criteria for a filter you can use, depending on how they're forwarded. I'd expect a simple filter for
to:email@example.com that adds a label and archives the message at the same time should do the trick.
The Gmail help page on filters should be helpful.
A quick note: Gmail has labels, not folders. It's a subtle but important distinction.