I have both a school email and a Gmail account, and I'd like to be able to associate both to the same Dropbox account (so that people who know my school email can add me to shared folders etc. without confusion). Is this possible?
From Dropbox help:
- Current option:
..option is to use a different Dropbox account for each user login on your computer. While this technically means you can have several Dropbox folders on the same computer, you will have to switch between each user account to take advantage of Dropbox's syncing features. This method is best for groups or families that have individual Dropbox accounts and use unique user logins on the same computer.
- Future option:
Coming soon: Two Dropboxes, available everywhere
Dropbox for Business users will be able to have both a personal Dropbox and a work Dropbox on any device. See our announcement.
As of August 2018, you can now add a secondary email address to a Dropbox account. But you need a Professional, Plus, or Business account.
If you have a Basic (free) account, the setting described below will simply be unavailable.
From the help page:
Your email is the username for your Dropbox account. You can add a secondary email to your Dropbox account. By adding a secondary email, you can route content shared with your primary or secondary email into a single Dropbox account. Secondary emails are available to Dropbox Professional, Plus, and Business customers.
Note: Currently, Dropbox Professional and Plus members who are on a free team are unable to add aliases. To use aliases, you’ll need to leave your free team.
From the help page explaining how to add a second email address:
To add a secondary to your Dropbox account:
- Sign in to dropbox.com
- Click your avatar.
- Click Settings.
- Under the General section, scroll down to Secondary email.
- Click Edit.
- Click Add a secondary email.
- Type the secondary email you’d like to add.
- Click Next.
- Click Close.
- Open the email account you used for your secondary email. You should see a verification email.
- Click Verify your email in the verification email.
- You’ll be redirected to your Dropbox account, where you’ll see a confirmation message.
- Click Done.
You’ll have both a primary and secondary email(s) on your account. Your primary email is the main email connected with your account.
- If people send shared file, folder, and Paper doc invites to your secondary email, you will receive the request and can accept them with your primary email.
- You can add multiple secondary emails.
See also: the blog post announcing the feature.