I want to convert my Outlook Calendar into the Google Calendar and then only use the Google Calendar.
What is the best way to do this?
Web Applications Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for power users of web applications. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
You can simply export/Save-as the calendar from MS Outlook and import it into Google calendar. Note, however, that there does appear to be a restriction with Outlook's repeating events.
From Google's import dialog: "Google Calendar can import event information in ical or CSV (MS Outlook)"
- Open Outlook
- Click Calendar
- Right click on the calendar you need to export and choose Save as
- Select type iCalendar format
- Click on More Options and select Date Range -> Whole calendar, Detail -> Full details
- Click OK and then Save
- In Google Calendar, click the down-arrow next to Other calendars
- Select Import calendar
- Click Choose file and find the file that contains your events, then click Open
- Select the Google Calendar where you'd like to import events, then click Import