Mathematic equations in Word - looks like Google docs has now soved that one
Style sheets in Word work great for long report if you learn how to use them.
Print preview is a lot better in word, only a issue with long reports.
Google docs does the 10% of what word does that 90% of people use, as a college student you may be in the other 10%. Remember you can get MS-Office very cheap as a student.
The last time I tied the spell checker in Google Docs, it was not as good as the word spell checking in working out what my misspellings should be – only an issue if your spelling is as bad as mine!
(If I was at collage these days and had my own laptop I would use MS-Office, but if I was using the computers in the labs etc as well as a PC in my flat I would tend to use Google Docs.)