- I uploaded some files as attachments and sent them.
- My iPhone and IMAP mail client show blank messages in Trash with the subject "Attachment", each with a single attachment.
- The gmail.com website shows nothing in Trash.
- Searching for the attachment filenames on gmail.com with "Spam & Trash" checked, turns up the messages with the
Trashlabel. I can open them and download the attachments, they really exist.
- Clicking the label in search results takes me to Trash, where once again I can see nothing.
- After a day or so my iPhone shows that the messages disappeared from Trash on their own, even though they are only a few days old. Other messages I put in Trash will remain.
Why does this happen? It happens all the time, almost any time I upload attachments. Having the messages show up in Search but not in Trash itself is what confuses me.