In other words, how can I 'search engine optimize' my YouTube videos? What does YouTube take into consideration when ranking search results? What matters most?
- Name should be descriptive and interesting (compare "Cat1!!1" and "Amazing video of a cat playing a violin blindfolded").
- Provide a good description to the video, especially if it is a content-heavy video like an instructional or demo video.
- Pick appropriate tags, the more the better but only if they are appropriate. Don't spam-tag
- Make you video a response to a related video to drive more traffic to it.
- share your video link in add this sites so that it will get more visitors and high pr backlinks.
- Write more impressive description about your video.
- Add better tags to search
- Create quality video like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeSwTTw7auY