On Facebook, how can I get rid of ALL "User X has invited you to play Game Y" from showing up in my Facebook notifications, without having to block/unfriend each and every app/user?
I have seen this post which essentially says to do the following:
- Open Facebook on the Desktop.
- Click on the Notifications icon (globe).
- Click the X next to the notification.
- Click "Turn Off" when it asks you "Turn off notifications from [annoying game]?"
- Bonus step (optional): Report the app for spam.
The problem with this approach:
- There is no way to do this on the Facebook iPhone app, so I must go to the desktop (or mobile Safari) and perform this manual process.
- I don't want to block individual apps from notifications. There are hundreds of these apps popping up all the time. Today it is Candy Crush, FarmVille and Cash King, tomorrow it's gonna be Candy Smash, FarmValley, and Money Queen. Why is the burden on me, the user, to swat these pesky apps one-by-one as though they are flies?
- I don't want to block individual users from notifications, nor unfriend them. Again, today it is user X, Y, and Z, tomorrow it's gonna be A, B, and C.
- If you make a mistake, there is no way to undo it once you refresh that screen. Nowhere in the "Notifications Settings" screen do I see a list of all the apps I have blocked nor a way to undo all of them, let alone undo an individual one.