All the news sites I have visited post stories, but don't update them. I am not looking for a tool like Google Alerts as that would have too much noise for my taste. I want to know when something new happens, not just when somebody writes yet another article on the topic!
This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:
- "Questions asking for us to recommend or find a Web Application are off-topic and out of scope, as they tend to attract opinionated answers and spam. However, your question may be on topic at Software Recommendations if you can rewrite it so that it meets their quality guidelines" – pnuts, serenesat, ale, jonsca
You can try Google Alerts.
Monitor the Web for interesting new content
Google Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic.
Enter the topic you wish to monitor, then click preview to see the type of results you'll receive. Some handy uses of Google Alerts include:
- monitoring a developing news story
- keeping current on a competitor or industry
- getting the latest on a celebrity or event
- keeping tabs on your favorite sports teams
Google Alert is a good tool, but I don't think it's what he is looking for. He wants to follow the progress of stories. Then try http://www.newsnow.co.uk
The news gets categorized and they create separate categories. It's the tool that many journalists use to follow a breaking story. Check out hot topics.