Spam: You may not use the Twitter service for the purpose of spamming anyone. What constitutes “spamming” will evolve as we respond to new tricks and tactics by spammers. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming are:
- If you have followed a large amount of users in a short amount of time;
- If you have followed and unfollowed people in a short time period, particularly by automated means (aggressive follower churn);
- If you repeatedly follow and unfollow people, whether to build followers or to garner more attention for your profile;
- If you have a small number of followers compared to the amount of people you are following;
- If you add a large number of unrelated users to lists in an attempt to spam a service or link;
- If you have attempted to "sell" followers, particularly through tactics considered aggressive following or follower churn;
- Using or promoting third-party sites that claim to get you more followers (such as follower trains, sites promising "more followers fast," or any other site that offers to automatically add followers to your account);
If you add a large number of unrelated users to lists in an attempt to spam a service or link;
does not seem to include Twitter employees. If someone knows otherwise let me know.
The method should have all/most of the following requirements.
- Services that follow Twitter's TOS
- (Page scraping - I am not so sure about)
- Quick and simple (I could do it in 15-30 mins but thats just wasting time and getting distracted everytime I open a user's profile)
- Ability to append to existing list (I started without the employee page from @ev replies to other users)