I want to use the destination that I search for in Google maps on a computer, and send that to a mobile device. How is this done? Is a functionality that is part of Google maps.
The simplest way would be to just share a link.
There are great instructions for this available here: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/144361
Share the map
Whether you’ve found a cool spot or have helpful directions, you can share your map with others over email, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, or text.
- Open Google Maps.
- Make a map or get directions.
- When you're ready to share, click the main menu .
- Select Share or embed map.
- If you don't see Share or embed map, click Link to this map instead.
- Optional: Check the box next to "Short URL" to create a shorter link.
- Double-click the link to highlight it, then copy it by pressing CTRL+C (for PC) or ⌘+C (for Mac).
- Paste the link by pressing CTRL+V (for PC) or ⌘+V (for Mac) wherever you want to share the map, like an email or Google+ post.
I have noticed that the icon for the menu has changed - it's now a gear and is located in the bottom-right corner of the map.
You can send that link to your device by email, IM, whatever suits you.
Hope that helps!
- Step 1: Add your device or car
- Step 2: Send a place