I have a sheet with following values on column A:
[ A ]  Dead line  15 days remaining***  Dead  131 days remaining*  80 days remaining**
I would like to use conditional formatting on column A so:
- when only 1 asterisk appears: green cell background
- when only 2 asterisks appear: yellow cell background
- when only 3 asterisks appear: orange cell background
- when column is
Dead: red cell background
But when I set to
A:A the rule
text contains with value
* to paint with green background, the whole column is painted with green background, regardless of other rules.
I see that the
* is interpreted as an wildcard to "any string", but I would like to threat each
* as one asterisk character only.
Someone can help me?
- The final sheet must use this format of data on column A, with those awful asterisks (no way to change);
A1is a header;
- It is only a sample. Original sheet has so many lines...