I am trying to send graphs of data to email recipients.
I would like to output images of row-specific graphs based on cells in a Google Sheets document. In combination with Google Sheets/Drive, I am using a mail merge add-on (YAMM) that can insert row-specific image files and need the graph images output to a directory with a public URL.
This is the most concise series of actions required to output the image file and make it accessible to the mail merge application.
Action to Automate:
- Select a range of cells in a row
- Create a graph based on that range of cells including key and labels
- Save image file of that graph in a public location
- Insert link to image file in sheet where cells are located
- Repeat on next row until blank
I am having difficulty tracking down resources on what tool to use to automate this series of actions. I would like to know if Google Apps Script is what I should be using to perform this automation. If not, is an alternative - including other add-ons or web apps - for this use case? Is there a different tack I should be taking with the data outside Sheets?