So I'm trying to plan a vacation with my family, and I'm considering Belize (bear with me, I know this is not Travel.SE).
I have "On This Day" turned on in Facebook, and coincidentally, on Monday, the feature showed me a post from many years ago (i.e. Jan 18th, 20XX) where a FB friend I had at the time commented on one of my posts with some really specific and helpful advice about traveling there.
Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot at the time, because I was busy and figured I could come back to it later. But it turns out, according to Facebook's official help forums, that
Unfortunately, viewing your previous day's memories using On This Day in not an available feature. We'd love to hear from you if you have any feedback on how we can improve your On This Day experience.
Is there any hacky way to add a date parameter to "On This Day" (e.g. by hidden fields in the POST)? I presume not, i.e. that FB rebuilds the OTD cache every day and blows away the previous entries, but it's worth asking.
If that's not possible, given the following information:
- It was a comment on one of my posts (on my own wall), not a post proper.
- The name of the friend who made the comment (who is no longer connected to me on FB, if that matters).
- The month and day, but not year¹, of the post.
- Certain keywords, like "Belize" and "islands".
- It appeared on my feed under "On This Day" two days ago.
What's the best way, if any, to find this comment?
¹ It was about 5 years ago, but that's not exact.