I would like to have my primary language (English) as the main language in Google Searches.
I know the thread Setting Google results to stay in a language, regardless of location but addresses like
http://www.google.com/en are redirected wrongly.
So I would like to prevent all together some languages because they are used wrongly because I have visited such locations sometimes in my past.
Secondary languages ar the following languages in Fig. 1
Fig. 1 Secondary languages in settings, Fig. 2 Search results, Fig. 3 Settings
I need to stay many days per month in Latvia; and many other countries per month. However, for some reason, Google wants to show me everything in Latvian, although I cannot speak or read it. I feel such a behaviour disturbing. I have went through all the language helps of Google, like here; contacted them unsuccessfully about the case but now also in their official Google Search Forum here. I have seen this behaviour now one year in Google search; here the left-hand-side bar of the Google search after searching "metso kirjasto" in Fig. 2 where the extraction contains .
- Finnish (heading)
- Latvian (most of the parts)
- Swedish (Biblioteka)
The situation feels more disturbing when Google messes up things with many languages; etc putting here Finnish, Latvian and Swedish together. It would be ok for me if there was no Latvian.
Searching gives me these parameters in the address bar
pli=1#- unknown parameter for instance here about What does &pli=1 parameter (and others) do?
Search with the extension Don't track me Google
pli parameter is gone but the option
safe=off as a new one
gws_rd=cr,ssl&- google web server redirection country referred and ssl
ei=_9APV9D4LIXN6QTSyaToCg#safe=off&- time of execution and security off
Language still stays in Latvian.
The problem does not seem to be in
gws_rd=cr,ssl& because google.com/ncr returns the output also in Latvian.
Output still in Latvian, like the screenshot above.
Settings in Fig. 3 where no Latvian. I have similar settings or only English in other OSes and systems too.
I have removed all my cookies, but it does not solve the problem.
I logged out Stackexchange in all devices. The google search "metso kirjasto" returns still the output as described above with most Latvian content.
Hypothesis about the Problem
I cleared all cookies. I searched "metso kirjasto" and everything was in English. I now login to Stackexchange with two-step login. I do again the Google Search "metso kirjasto". Everything is now like described above: Latvian mesh with Finnish and Swedish. I think Google's login system is somehow conflicting here. This is not apparently related to third-party cookies because I disabled them but I see the same behaviour still.
I opened a thread about the issue here too because the problem is still there.
Hardware: Chromebook 1, Chromebook 2, Asus Zenbook UX303UB
OS: Chrome OS, Windows 10 and all latest distros, OS X all latest versions, Linux Debian 8.5 - 8.7
Internet browsers: Google Chrome 56.x - 57.x, Firefox, Opera, Safari