If I share a calendar with someone else and we end up with clashing events, how can I tell who "got there first"?
There's no way to do that via the web interface. If you're happy to get down and dirty with the the Calendar Data API, then you can get the creation and last-modified timestamps from any event in any of the calendars you're subscribed to.
You can now do this without writing any code by using the web version of the calendar API: https://developers.google.com/apis-explorer/#p/calendar/v3/calendar.events.get
- Go to the calendar event in question in "edit" view.
- Go to "More Actions" and then "Troubleshooting Info".
- Copy the event ID (eid=...).
- Note: for a recurring event, remove the _[date]Z suffix.
- Go to https://developers.google.com/apis-explorer/#p/calendar/v3/calendar.events.get, enter "primary" calendarId" and use that ID for eventId.
The result will include a "created" and "updated" section.
Web version of the Calendar API is probably the easiest:
- Get the event ID for the calendar event
- Edit the event in Google Calendar
- Copy the last part of URL (after the last "/") from the address bar (for example, from this URL
- Decode that from base64 format (this tool works: https://www.base64decode.org/)
- The first part (before the space) is your event ID
- Use the Calendar API (https://developers.google.com/apis-explorer/#p/calendar/v3/calendar.events.get) with
calendarIdfield your event ID in the
"created"field has the date/time for when the event was added