How do I embed a single photo from my Google photo album to a website now that Picasa embed has been disabled?
It's not as straightforward as one would like, but you can do it this way:
- Find the photo in Google Photos you want to include
- Open the "Share" menu and click "Get link"
- Either click the link that is created or click "Copy" and paste that address into a new browser window
- That'll bring you to a new shared album with just that photo in it; you need to get the filename of the image
- Click the image so that it's zoomed in
- Right-click the image and choose "Copy image address" (or whatever your browser's equivalent is)
You now have the URL for the "public" image that you can use on your page. You'd probably use it in an image tag similar to:
<img src="https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/NWfbsppj..." />
The URL for the image is incredibly long, but should work just fine, like this one I picked somewhat at random:
Google contents supports parameters to define output image size. You can attach
=w640-h480 after image url to define specific size, in this example width to 640 pixels and height to 480 pixels. If you want to optimize size of image is faster and easier way to use this tool: https://www.publicalbum.org/blog/embedding-google-photos-image
Another option is to use Blogger to get a proper URL for an image from Google Photos, and then to display it in your website the way you'd display any other image.
Chrom : One way I just found out by chance, in the archive keep the photo small (ie do not zoom it out by clicking on it) and right-click on it. Select the last option of Inspect. When you select Inspect, a panel opens on the right hand side and the embed path of the image is highlighted in blue. Go to that blue part and right click --> copy --> copy element. Paste this wherever you want.
The only thing is there are no default options for the size as there were in PicasawebAlbums. So resizing can be a problem as the image becomes blurred.