A while ago I removed one of my friend's posts from my Facebook news feed. I'd like to add them back to the feed, but can't find any way of doing this. I suppose I could un-friend & re-friend them but that seems like overkill and is likely to wipe all of our wall-to-wall info.
Nowadays (2018), there are two options to stop seeing posts from someone, and they can be canceled from the same location: unfollow and snooze.
Remove friend's posts
Stop seeing posts but stay friends
Snooze Bob for 30 days
Temporarily stop seeing posts
- Note that both actions can be undo immediately after applied, from the news feed, at the exact location it was done (assuming you stayed there).
Bring back this friend's posts
- Open your friend's profile
On the cover photo, there are three buttons, the middle one is for following settings.
If you blocked a friend, which is something else (although you also won't see their posts), you can unblock them from the Blocking tab on Facebook settings
More details from Facebook Help pages
- How do I follow or unfollow a profile or Page?
- What does it mean to unfollow someone?
- How do I snooze a person, Page or group?
A little while after you first unfollow someone, Facebook will show you this on your feed, to let you understand better what it means:
The learn more about unfollowing redirects to here