In Blind Guardian song Curse my Name, there is a high pitched beep that ruin the song. (This is a well known issue, you can read about it here). I fixed the song using audio editor but now, I can't upload it to Google music.
What I did :
- Right click on "old" song, delete this song.
- Using Google Chrome, I upload the "fixed" song by drag and dropping it in the Google music window.
- Once the upload finished, I go to "Latest upload" automatic playlist, and there the song is the deleted one that has been restored.
- I deleted it again
- I edited the mp3 ID3 tags (hopping that Google music will identify the song as a new one)
- Re-uploaded, same result. The old deleted song is restored.
How can I upload my edited version of the song?
Edit: I finally managed to upload it with the Google music manager client and Firefox, but I'm still curious to know how does Google music identify the mp3 file.