For questions about the Gmail service as accessed by a desktop or mobile browser. Before asking a question please search throughly this site and Gmail help center at https://support.google.com/help. Tell us what you found and why it didn’t meet your needs. This demonstrates that you’ve taken the time to try to help yourself, it saves us from reiterating obvious answers, and above all, it helps you get a more specific and relevant answer!
Questions about the Gmail app on a smartphone are generally off-topic here.
- If your question is about the Gmail app on Android, you may be able to find the answer to your question at Android Enthusiasts
- If your question is about the Gmail app on iPhone or iPad, you may be able to find the answer to your question at Ask Different
Gmail (pronounced gee-mail) is a free email service offered by Google, launched in beta on April 1, 2004 and to the general public on July 7, 2009. It supports POP3 and IMAP4 for importing mail from other mail servers. As of December 1, 2015 individual Gmail accounts have a space limit of up to 15 GB. Note that this also doubles as shared space with other Google services such as Google Drive.
The correct way to write it is with a capital G and all lowercase letters for the rest. The M is not capitalized.
- How do I recover my Google password or username?
- What happens to messages when you hit "Archive"?
- Changing your Gmail address
- Exporting Gmail messages to text or HTML
- How to use GPG with Gmail
- What does shva=1#inbox in the URL mean when Gmail loads?
Note that Gmail is different than "Inbox by Gmail", also known as "Google Inbox". For web-interface questions about Inbox, see inbox-by-gmail.