For questions involving issues with Named Ranges (a group of cells with assigned custom name) in Google Sheets.
Created Named Range identifies a section of the document that can be referenced later in formulas. The indexes of the Named Range are automatically updated as content is added to and removed from the document.
You can name ranges in Google Sheets to keep better track of them and create cleaner formulas.
For example, instead of using
A1:B2to describe a range of cells, you could name the range
This way, a formula like
could be written as
- Can contain only letters, numbers, and underscores.
- Can't start with a number, or the words "true" or "false."
- Can't contain any spaces or punctuation.
- Must be 1–250 characters.
- Can't be in either A1 or R1C1 syntax. For example, you might get an error if you give your range a name like "A1:B2" or "R1C1:R2C2."