Use this tag for questions about web applications that are implementations of open-source projects when there isn't a specific tag for that implementation.
On this site you could ask questions about open-source web applications from the end-user point of view, like how to:
- Sign-up/sign-in, recover password, change account details.
- General features like import/export data or files.
- Do specific end-user tasks like writing a spreadsheet formula
On-topic / off-topic
See What topics can I ask about here for general directions.
Specific tags for open source web applications on this site
Related sites on the Stack Exchange network
The below sections gives examples of sites on the Stack Exchange network that could better fit for certain kind of questions. For the complete list of available sites, please checkout http://stackexchange.com/sites
Sites for professionals / disciplines
If your question is about a web application that is a tool for professionals of specific disciplines of professions, you may want to look for a specific site on the Stack Exchange network, like:
- Open Source Stack Exchange for people organizing, marketing or licensing open source development projects.
- Stack Overflow for programmers
- Server Fault for system and network administrators
- Webmasters Stack Exchange for webmasters
- Mathematics Stack Exchange for people studying mathematics
- Project Management Stack Exchange for project managers
If your question is to ask help to find an open-source web application check out Software Recommendations Stack Exchange.
Troubleshooting OS related issues
If your question is about how to troubleshoot installation problems or other OS related topics, maybe the following sites could be appropriate for your question:
Open Source web applications
Open source projects could be found on sites like (listed in alphabetical order):