I want to have feeds for people that I follow on Twitter right in my Google Reader interface, but none of the ways that I've tried to subscribe seem to work.
This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:
- "Questions on applications that no longer exist are off-topic for Web Applications as no one will ever be able to make use of the answers again. Rest in peace, dear departed app - you will be missed." – ale, Alex, ChrisF
For Google Reader: (thanks Jared)
- In Google Reader, press Add Subscription.
- Type in the address of the user's Twitter page (e.g. http://twitter.com/codinghorror).
For services that require an RSS feed:
- Go to the user's Twitter page (e.g. http://twitter.com/codinghorror).
- Find the link where it says RSS feed of [user's] tweets (see picture below) (e.g.
- Add this URL to your RSS reader.
There is an RSS feed for every Twitter user. Go to twitter.com/username, and scroll down on the right side underneath followers, you will see a link for "RSS feed of username's tweets". Copy that link, and subscribe to it in Google Reader. alt text http://grab.by/5n0d