I couldn't find this shortcut in Sheets support. Basically I want a keyboard shortcut that makes me jump to the formula bar.
As of 2022, there doesn't appear to be a keyboard shortcut that takes the focus from the current cell and then place the cursor into the formula bar.
However, if you need to navigate without the mouse and somehow get the cursor into the formula bar, if perhaps via a painstakingly slow process yet mouse-free, you can:
- "Move focus out of spreadsheet" shortcut:
- windows: Ctrl + Alt + Shift + m
- mac: Ctrl + ⌘ + Shift + m
- OR "Go to side panel" shortcut (works with period "." or comma ","):
- windows: Ctrl + Alt + .
- mac: ⌘ + Option + .
- Tab to cycle through the UI elements until arriving at the formula bar
For me, this was 20(!) tabs using the first option, and 5 tabs using the second, to cycle from the starting point into the formula bar, but perhaps some sort of automation can convert this keystroke sequence into something that can be more easily invoked with a simple custom keyboard shortcut (which would of course be OS/desktop dependent).
See all shortcuts here: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/181110