I get an email every two weeks with a vendor's price list as a link to an Excel file in their Dropbox.
At this point, I have to:
- open the link — This takes me to Dropbox, where the file is opened in a preview mode that is not compatible with cut and paste into a spreadsheet.
- download the file to my computer — I have a choice to download to my computer or copy to my Dropbox.
- upload the file to my Google Drive — To do this I go to any open Google app tab, click New, Upload, grovel through the file structure to find it.
- from there I can open it with Google Sheets.
- copy 6 columns of data out of the sheet, and
- dispose of the file.
What I would like to do in Google Sheets is to open the file directly as a read-only file and save a bunch of steps.
My personal account is on Gmail. I use the web interface.
Is there a way to easily open this link directly as a sheet?